Questions? Please contact us.
Five good reasons for using voice technology in your orderpicking process
At the Logistica exhibition in the Netherlands we presented a special vest. It was a vest with voice components and an integrated speakerphone set enabling optimized orderpicking guided by voice assignments. Obviously there are many other voice solutions available, which is why Costo prefers to first have a close look at your logistic processes before recommending system A or B. In some cases, the ‘old-fashioned’ usage of barcode scanning may be just the right choice to keep your warehouse running smoothly.
So, why again voice-picking?
Here’s a brief summary of the main advantages:
1. Increased productivity. Hands and eyes are truly free, so that employees can focus more on the execution of their tasks.
2. Better quality. Each operation is confirmed and validated by a voice command. There is almost no alternative to work more accurate than this way. Moreover, the warehouse activity needs less quality checks and this saves a lot of time.
3. Optimized operational costs. Paperless processes, increased productivity and reduced error rates will naturally leads to lower costs and a rapid return on investment (ROI). In addition, less errors in the deliveries also means an increased satisfaction amongst your customers.
4. Satisfaction and acceptance. The ease of use and clearly improved operational results have a positive influence on the job satisfaction of your employees.
5. More safety. Because of the hands-free working and the unobstructed views you can also work in a safer way. Numerous studies show that more safety brings along many advantages.
Not just orderpicking?
Lately, we are often surprised how ‘Voice’ has almost become a synonym for voice-picking. But there are so many other applications where this technology can be implemented to improve processes with the supply chain. We just name a few:
- Goods reception
- Cross docking
- Quality checks
- Safety checks
This is probably not even a complete list. Voice technology can contribute in so many different ways within the warehouse. Are you already thinking about a possible application?
11-2018 Thursday November 22nd Costo signed a partnership agreement with the Irish company Eiratech Robotics, a leader in the field of robotic systems.
11-2018 Luis Simões, the biggest Iberian logistic service provider, chose Consoveyo to build their completely new fully automated distribution centre.
09-2018 In autumn there are traditionally many trade fairs where professionals from logistics can brush up their knowledge and can be informed about the…
09-2018 It has become a real tradition at Costo; our participation at the Skûtsjesilen event. This sailing race is not just about meeting other logistics and…
05-2018 In order to better handle the increasing flow of goods at their stores, Wijlhuizen decided to centralize the deliveries to the larger clients and…
03-2018 Portuguese company Consoveyo, represented in the Netherlands by system integrator Costo, provides a fully automatic solution for Intraplás.
02-2018 The Limburg shoe manufacturer Emma centralizes her activities in one new location in Kerkrade. Costo designed the whole internal transport system…
01-2018 Leading banking institutions in Asia have chosen Consoveyo's automated storage systems and technologies for the effective operational management of…
11-2017 To meet the ever increasing demands of modern Logistics, Kobout asked Costo to deliver a Warehouse Management System (WMS).